If you are a dog owner you will understand the significance of a dog cage or crate and also its essentiality. So it is the best time to come with the entire process of measuring a dog cage or crate. Adding together a measuring guide in brief, size guide, Info graphic etc.,
Even if you have further doubts feel free to Contact Us :
- Visit our website www.marshallspetzone.com
- Call us or Whatsapp us on 8106360786
- Write us at [email protected]
- Live chat with our Customer Service Team 24*7
We all being human beings need some personal time so as the dogs. Apart from giving the dogs their own time, cages and crates also have some more benefits. Before starting the measurement process let’s come across some benefits of cages and crates and why they are essential? Here are some of the benefits –
- Helps you to travel comfortably along with your dog
- Helps in mentally soothing your dog
- Adds an apt schedule and routine in your dog’s life
- Makes potty training easy
- Reduces anxiety level
- Avoids unwanted and unnecessary activities.
As you know choosing the appropriate and right size of the cage can do wonders in dog’s as well as their owner’s life. You can also shop all kinds and latest collection of dog cages or crate in our website at best-trusted rates. Let’s us start the various ways to measure the dog cage or crate.
1. TAKE THE HELP OF SIZE GUIDE –
Selecting a dog cage or crate as per the breed or size guide is a good option. Also if you don’t want to go through the whole hassle of taking dog measurements, you can follow the size guide. Here we have listed below in our info graphic, dog cage or crate measurement for you to make a suitable choice.
- Cages come in various sizes such as – Small cages, medium cages, and large cages.
- Here suggesting some trusted brands for dog cages and crates – Pawzone, Savic, Trixie
Get Up To 50%OFF On Dog Cages/Crates & Flight Carriers : Shop Here Now
If you are unsatisfied with the above-given size guide or if you are unable to find your dog breed in the above info graphic. Here is an uncomplicated and easy measurement for a dog cage or crate. It will take some of your time but will give you effective and long-lasting results.
2. USE THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO MEASURE THE DOG CAGE AND CRATES
For measuring dog cage or crate, you should take the actual measurement of your dog’s required body parts. In due course, this will be the ideal guideline to help you while the measurement dog harness.
2.2 MEASUREMENT TERMINOLOGY :
An appropriate measurement terminology should be considered and followed to get well successful results.
- Length – Measure your dog from nose to tail.
- Height – Measure your dog from head to the ground. If your dog has erect ears such as German shepherd then take the measurement from tip of the ears to the ground.
- Width – Measuring the width of your dog is optional as it will automatically come with the above measurements. (Optional)
2.3 GATHER SUPPLIES FOR THE MEASUREMENT :
- The dog – the first and foremost thing
- A flat surface – where you will make the dog stand
- A measuring tool – a measuring tape generally used by tailors
- Pen and paper – to note down the measurements
- Treats – dogs are always active. So to make them stand sturdy and still, you need to offer them plenty of treats as rewards.
- A friend or assistant – to help you in taking the measurement more comfortably
2.4 POSTURE :
For taking any sort of measurement, correct posture is the major requirement. Make your dog stand straight with head and tail up. Equally, make sure that all the four legs of your dog are placed normally on the flat surface. Take the help of the above diagram.
2.5 START THE MEASUREMENT OF YOUR DOG CAGE OR CRATE :
- Make sure your dog is standing nice and upright straight.
- Begin your measurement for the length. Start from the nose to some part of the tail. Measure the total length. As the dogs keep on wagging their tail it is advised to add extra 2 to 4 inches accordingly to the measurement. Write down the measurement on a piece of paper. It is advised to add extra 2 -4 inches with tail.
- Then comes the height. Measure your dog from head to the ground. If your dog has erect ears such as German shepherd then take the measurement from tip of the ears to the ground.
- Revise again – It might raise your eyebrows as already you suffered the whole sweating process. But it is always to be sure. No one wants to go through the daunting process of return/exchange/refund.
Note – After Noting down the total measurement, it is advised to add roughly 2 inches for smaller breeds and 4 inches for larger breeds in both length and height measurements. Taking accurate measurements will not help in any way. The pivotal thing to consider here is whether your dog is comfortable or not?
3. IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A DOG CAGE OR CRATE :
The reason to add extra inches to the final measurement is because cages and crates play a very vital role in dog’s life. So before buying a Dog cage or a crate every owner should consider that their dog is able to –
- Stand comfortably.
- Lie down inside the cage/crate
- To turn around effortlessly
If your dog is able to do the above three things comfortably then you have got a perfect cage.
4. THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SELECTING A DOG CAGE OR A CRATE :
- Choose a sufficient size of the crate – Adding certain extra inches to the total measurements taken is enough to result in a suitable size of dog cage or crate.
- Dog cage or crate should neither be too big nor too small – In order to avoid unnecessary movements or not to intact your dog in a small area the size of the dog cage or crate should not be large or small than the suitable one.
- If your dog is not fully grown – If you want to buy a dog cage or crate for your puppy or if your dog is not fully grown then select a dog cage as per the expected breed growth of your dog. In respect to avoiding unwanted hassle with these kinds of dog cage take the help of a dog cage or crate divider. This can be done until your furry friend is not fully grown.
- Air circulation – While selecting a crate to make sure to buy a dog cage or crate which has plenty amount of air circulation. This thing should be considered while buying plastic dog cage or crate.
5. BASIC TYPES OF DOG CAGE OR CRATE :
- Plastic Cage or crate – this kind of crates or cages are suitable for those dogs who finds cozy corner more relaxing and is also preferred while traveling. These cages or crates are suitable for small dogs.
- Wire cage or crate – This type of cage or crate is used especially during hot climates because of their heavy ventilation benefits. These cages or crates are suitable for heavy coat dogs.
Once you are gone through overall measurement process, size guide and info graphics, you are ready to select and buy a considerable and suitable dog cage or crate.