The oral syrup used to treat bacterial infections affecting dogs or cats. It operates by disrupting cell wall production to destroy sensitive bacteria cells while preventing reproduction to stop the spread of the infection allowing the immune system to destroy it naturally.
Active Ingredients: Cefpodoxime.
- The oral syrup used to treat bacterial infections affecting dogs or cats.
- It works by disrupting cell wall production & to destroy sensitive bacteria cells, which prevents reproduction to stop the spread of the infection allowing the immune system to destroy in naturally.
- The action makes it useful for treating infections affecting the lungs, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues, or upper respiratory tract (eye, ear, nose, or throat).
- Please note that this medicine should never be used to treat infections caused by a fungus or virus.
- It can be used in combination with other medications or treat other unlisted conditions.
Dosage and Administration:
- Use according to the vet instructions for the most effective results.
- It is typically administered 1 - 2 times each day on the indicated dosage.
- The best-prescribed amount for your pet will be determined according to the symptoms, health condition, weight, and previous treatments response.
- Do not attempt to change any part of these instructions on your own as this may cause unexpected health complications.
Side effects: Some pets may experience side effects while using, which are mild or severe and will not occur in all pets. If you have seen any unusual symptoms, inform the vet as soon as possible for making the correct response is taken.
May include reducing the dosage or frequency of administration to prevent further complications. If serious health problems are indicated, emergency medical attention may also be required.
Some of the side effects that may occur during treatment include:
- Fatigue or drowsiness,
- Nausea or vomiting,
- Skin rash,
- Stiff movement, muscle, or joint pain,
- Sores or white patches appearing in the mouth or on the lips.
More serious symptoms that may require medical attention are:
- Cold or flu symptoms (Fever, chills, or coughing),
- Increased thirst,
- Difficulty breathing,
- Irregular heart rate,
- Swelling of the extremities,
- Severe diarrhea that is watery or bloody,
- Discolored urine or stools.
Precautions: Not be used in pets which are allergic to cephalosporin antibiotics or have a bad reaction to similar treatments.
Inform your vet, if the pet has decreased kidney function, it's a condition which causes complications with treatment and may require reduced dosages, the frequency of administration, or other adjustments to the regimen to prevent these potential problems from occurring.
Warnings and Precautions:
- If having the allergic or hypersensitive reaction, seek emergency medical attention.
- Some possible symptoms include difficulty breathing/swallowing, swelling, chest tightness, skin rashes, and hives.
- Medicine should only be used as instructed and prescribed by physician or pharmacist. Do not change the dosage unless specifically instructed to do.
- Dose and usage often depend on the severity of the condition, & as well on the patient’s medical history and present health condition.
Before you start using this medicine, make sure that the physician is aware of the following:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any allergies.
- If you have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- If you are using any other drugs or medication.
- If you are using any vitamins or supplements.