Brand Name: Melonex Oral Suspension
Generic Name: Meloxicam
Manufacturer: Intas Pharmaceuticals
What is Melonex Oral Suspension?
- An NSAID product.
- To prevent and treat joint pains in elderly dogs.
- The medicine prevents the immune system in releasing chemicals known as prostaglandins which are responsible for the symptoms to cause the body's response to arthritis, which makes it useful for reduction of joint pain, difficulty in moving, with other symptoms associated with arthritis. The medicine may also be recommended by the vet to treat other unlisted conditions.
How is Melonex Oral Suspension used?
- Usually administered orally between 1 and 3 times a day.
- In many cases, it can be either mixed with water or given directly without any dilution.
- The vet should administer the dosage and frequency, as it will be varying on the dog's health and medical history, in addition to the severity of the condition being treated.
- Need regular checkups while using this medication to ensure & it remains the best treatment option.
- Do not miss these appointments.
Adverse effects: The suspension may cause unwanted side effects like:
- Upset of stomach
- Excessive gas
- Dizziness or unsteadiness
Contact a vet doctor immediately if side effects persist or having more severe side effects such as:
- Chest tightness/pain or difficulty breathing
- Unusual swelling or rapid weight gain
- Severe skin rash that is painful, blistering or peeling
- Decrease in urination
- Discolored urine or stools
- Jaundice (Yellowing of the eyes or skin)
Warnings: If the pet suffers the allergic reactions, contact the vet immediately. Symptoms commonly associated with such a reaction include difficulty in breathing or swallowing, chest tightness, swelling, skin rashes, and hives.
Not always suitable for all animals.
If your pet is pregnant, breastfeeding, breeding, using any other medication (prescription or non-prescription), any herbal products/supplements & if it has any allergies or other health problems then contact your vet.
The dosage & prescription commonly depend on animal & treatment condition. Adjustment of dosage should be done without the approval of the vet. The product is only used as prescribed & instructed.
Ask a question
NO registration required!
4 Question(s) answered
If the question you have has not yet been answered here, use the form below to ask something about this addon.
- Asked by Rushil
on 08/15/2018 How many drops of Melonex oral suspentio I.P 1.5 mg/ ml should be given to a min-pin aged 14 years, wt 3 kgs, n how many times a day Answer:
please check the description on the pack.
- Asked by Shaikh
on 11/24/2018 Sir melonex oral suspainsio liquid janwaro ko khas kisliye use hota hai??? Answer:
To prevent and treat joint pains in elderly dogs.
- Asked by Gautam
on 12/11/2018 My doctor prescribed me to give my 50days old beagle Melonex 0.3 ml but instead of 0.3ml i gave him about 2ml accidentally...what should i do to help him from further reaction from the overdose i have given him...kindly reply me... Answer:
Do not do anything else. Let it be
- Asked by Sachin
on 01/27/2019 I have a cat got bitten on the hind part of the body 2 days prior. Since then it longer uses the hind legs and just drags it. Dogs bite injuries are mostly concentrated around the back portion.Will this medicine suitable and effective? If not please suggest an alternate one which can counteract infection and may help in the recovery. Answer:
It is a pain killer and it dont recover the wound. Its butter to take to your local vet