Savavet Safe Heart 5 mg
By buying this product you can collect up to 19 points. Your cart will total 19 points that can be converted into a voucher of ₹19.00.₹2,350.00 -16%
Generic Name: Pimobendan.
Treatment of mild, moderate or severe congestive heart failure in dogs.
What is Safeheart?
The pet medicine for the treatment of mild, moderate or severe congestive heart failure in dogs. Suitable medicine for dogs to use for the heart failure which is caused by atrioventricular valvular insufficiency (AVVI) or dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).
How is Safeheart used?
Available in a box of 30 tablets. suitable for larger dogs. For small dogs, Safeheart 1.25mg is also available & used.
Many dogs have prescribed a dosage of 0.23 mg/lb (0.5 mg/kg) body weight daily, in two divided doses. The weight of your dog determines the dosage of the tablet to given correct approximate dose. Tablets are given completely in the orally.
Adverse effects: Some of the effects which are un-noticed.
- lack of appetite
- weakness and ataxia
- pleural effusion
- sudden death
- heart murmur
Warnings: only indicated for specific cases of congestive heart failure. Medication is used only if the pet has been clinically shown the heart failure was due to:
AtrioVentricular Valvular Insufficiency (AVVI) or Dilated CardioMyopathy (DCM)
Not suitable for use in:
- Below 6 months old, with diabetes mellitus
- dogs which are in the phase of - pregnant or lactating
- with heart conditions not resulting from atrioventricular valvular insufficiency (AVVI) or dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)
Contraindicated in cases of:
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- aortic stenosis
- any other clinical condition where an augmentation of cardiac output is inappropriate for functional or anatomical reasons.
Not suitable for human consumption. It is a pet medicine to be given to dogs only.