Savavet METAFLAM ORAL SUSPENSION - 15 ML (Pack of 2)
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 point. Your cart will total 1 point that can be converted into a voucher of ₹1.00.
Quantity : 15ml
Pain reliever- joints & soft muscles.
Adult dogs -orally / mixed with food.
suitable after 6-weeks of age
- Initial Dose- 4 drops/kg body weight
- Maintenance Dose- 2 drops/kg body weight
The suspension is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is formulated to make less severe inflammation and pain in dogs suffering from soft tissue injuries and musculoskeletal disorders like arthritis and rheumatism among others. Developed for adult dogs and puppies over 6 weeks of age. Not suitable for any other pets or humans.
Indications: Pain and inflammation happening due to soft tissue injuries and acute or chronic musculoskeletal disorders in dogs
The suspension relieves the symptoms of the named conditions, the single use of this treatment does not cure any of them.
Mechanism of action:
Meloxicam relieves pain and inflammation. PTGS2 is the enzyme involved in production and release of prostaglandins.These are lipid mediators which promote inflammation and irritate pain receptors. With the decrease in the quantity of these elements, pain and inflammation will start disappearing.
By inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2 (also known as prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 or PTGS2) – an enzyme involved in production and release of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are lipid mediators that promote inflammation and irritate pain receptors. With the decreased quantity of these elements, pain and inflammation start dissipating.
- should be taken orally,
- Mixed with the dog’s food or directly into the mouth (for big dogs only).
- Shake well before use. Use the dropper that comes with medicine to give to your dog.
- On the 1st day of the treatment dose is 4 drops (0.2 mg)/kg body weight.
- After the observation of initial doses, dose & course duration are adjusted by the vet to suit dog needs.
- Average daily dose is 2 drops (0,1 mg)/kg body weight.
To avoid overdose in small and medium dogs, always mix the suspension with the dog’s food.
For big dogs, direct oral is administered.
- Not to be used for your dog more than 10 days.
- If the dog still suffers from pain/inflammation after the daily dose was administered, another NSAID must be considered by your veterinarian.
- The course should not be exceeded the recommended daily dose.
- If decided to give the suspension to your dog after having the administered any other NSAID earlier, you should leave your pet for the 24-hour free-treatment period between treatment courses.
Not suitable for dogs under 6 weeks of age.
Not recommended for any other pets beyond dogs.
Not suitable for people.
Missing a dose:
- In case of missing the dose, it should be given as soon as possible.
- Next dose will be continued at the regular time.
- Don't give the double dose as you have missed the previous ones to compensate the missed dose.
Overdose: If an overdose occurs and your pet is feeling unwell, stop giving the medication immediately and seek medical advice.
- Room Temperature between 15 - 25 degrees C
- Keep away from excess moisture & heat.
- Split away the unused medicine after the expiration date.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Side Effects: The most common side effects
- decreased appetite
- sudden weight loss
- pale gums
- yellowing of gums, skin or eyes
- lack of energy
- stomach ulcer
- behavioral changes
- Do not use if your dog is allergic to Meloxicam.
- Do not use in dogs suffering from gastrointestinal disorders, impaired hepatic, cardiac or renal function, hemorrhagic disorders, hypovolemia, hypotension or dehydration.
- Do not give to dogs which are pregnant, lactating or used for breeding.
- Do not give to dogs under 6 weeks of age.
- Do not combine Suspension with the use of steroidal or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, aminoglycoside antibiotics, nephrotoxic medications, corticosteroids, diuretics or anti-coagulants.