Savavet ICHMUNE C Soft Gel Capsules 50mg
By buying this product you can collect up to 2 points. Your cart will total 2 points that can be converted into a voucher of ₹2.00.₹240.00 -5%
For immune system, tissue distribution, relieve redness, lesions on the skin, medicated skin diseases like perianal fistulas.
Type: Soft gel capsules.
- Immunosuppressant for treatment of Atopic Dermatitis in Dogs.
- Work on the specific cells in immune system which cause allergic reaction.
- Wide distribution in tissues, concentrates on skin and relieves redness and lesions of skin.
- Available in 3-mode different strengths for dosing convenience as per body weight.
- Useful for other immune medicated skin diseases like Perianal fistulas.
Compositions: Each soft gelatin capsule contains:
- Cyclosporine USP - 100 mg: in the color of Ferric Oxide Red,
- Cyclosporine USP - 50 mg: in the color of Ferric Oxide Red and Ferric Oxide Black,
- Cyclosporine USP - 25 mg: in the color of Ferric Oxide Red.
Category: Potent Immunosuppressive Agent.
Pharmacodynamics: The Cyclosporine is a potent immunue-suppressive agent which has shown to work via suppression of T-helper and T-suppressor cells. Inhibition of interleukin-2. Doesn't impair the hematopoietic system/cell-mediated immunologic responses. The decrease in CD4 & CD8 cells was not shown in dogs receiving 20 mg/kg/day of cyclosporine for 56 days. The medicine is not corticosteroid or an antihistamine.
Pharmacokinetics: This is extensively metabolized by the cytochrome P-450 enzyme system in the liver with a lesser degree of gastrointestinal tract and the kidney.
• Treatment for the atopic dermatitis in dogs.
• Used as an aid in the treatment of perianal fistulae in dogs. The fistula (also known as perianal fistula) is a syndrome of swollen, ulcer & draining sinuses around the anus (perianal), region of dogs, mostly in German Shepherds, which is thought to be an immune-mediated condition.
• The Perianal fistula is extremely painful, unpleasant smell and often requires surgery. The limited study has shown on the use of cyclosporine for the treatment of perianal fistulae in dogs. It may help to reduce or resolve symptoms.
Doasge & Administration:
- The recommended dose rate of is 5 mg/kg body weight/day given according to the following scheme.
- Itchmune C is indicated for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogs.
- The capsules will be initially given daily till a satisfactory clinical improvement is observed, which will generally be the case within 4 weeks. If there is no response is obtained within the 1st 8-weeks, the treatment should be stopped.
Dog Bodyweight(kg) Ichmune C 25mg Ichmune C 50mg Ichmune C 100mg
No of capsules given to obtain the recommended dose for atopic dermatitis
4 to <8kg 1 Capsule
8 to <15kg 1Capsule
15 < 29kg 1Capsule
29 < 36kg 1Capsule 1Capsule
36 < 55kg 2Capsules
If the clinical signs of atopic dermatitis are satisfied & controlled, cyclosporine capsule can be given on alternate days as a maintenance dose. In some cases, if the clinical signs are controlled with every-other-day dosing, the capsule can be given for every 3 - 4 days. The adjustment of dose should only be carried out under the vet consultation. The capsule should be given at either after 2hours or 1hour before the meal as bioavailability is better in fasted animals. The special precautions are to be taken by the person who is administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals. Wash hands after administration.
In case of accidental ingestion of the capsule or contents of it, take medical advice immediately & show the package label to the physician.
- Indicated for the use in dogs with the history of neoplasia.
- Not to use in cases of hypersensitivity to cyclosporine or one of the excipients.
- Not to use in the case with the history of malignant disorders or progressive malignant disorders.
- No live vaccination should be given during treatment or within a two-week interval before or after treatment.
Warnings: The product is a potent systemic immuno-suppressant which may increase the susceptibility of infection & the development of neoplasia.
Human Warnings: Not for human use. Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. For use only in dogs.
Pregnancy & Lactation: The safety of this medicine has not been studied in breeding male dogs or in the pregnant or lactating female dogs.
Usage during lactation: The medicine will pass through the placenta barrier & excreted via milk. So, therefore, the treatment is not recommended for them. The vet should be advised for the breeding animal. where the risk/benefits can be assessed.
Adverse drug effects :
- The occurrence of the reactions is uncommon.
- Gastrointestinal unbalances like - vomiting, mucoid or soft feces & diarrhea may occur.
- They are gentle & transient. In general, doesn't require the end process of the treatment.
- Some other undesirable effects are rare & include loss of energy or hyperactivity, anorexia, mild to moderate gingival hyperplasia, skin reactions such as verruciform lesions or change of hair coat, red and swollen pinnae, muscle weakness or muscle cramps.
- These effects generally resolve spontaneously after treatment is stopped.
- In case of the notice of serious effects or other effects not mentioned above, provide the information to vet.
Overdose: Ther are no undesirable effects beyond, which were seen under recommended treatment are observed in the dog with a single oral dose of up to 6 times of which is recommended. There are no specific antidote, in case of signs with overdose the dog should be treated symptomatically. The signs can be reversible within 2 months following with cessation of treatment.
Presentation: Blister of 6 capsules.
Storage: Store below 25°C, protect from moisture.
Do not refrigerate & Keep out of reach of children.