Savavet Ataxin 50 1*10
No reward points for this product.
- Broad spectrum of activity with vet specified antibiotic.
- Swift and prolonged action with excellent tissue penetration
- Low in resistance
Tablets instructed on the pet weight.
Suitable for both Cats & Dogs.
Presentation: 1*10 tablets
- Superior bactericidal effect
- with Less side effects
- chewable tablets for better palatability
- Convenient once-daily dosing for improved compliance
- Economical therapy
Only for the use of a Registered Veterinary Practitioner only, Hospital or Laboratory or a Farm
Easy Chews, for dogs & cats.
used for the treatment of bacterial infections of alimentary, respiratory and urogenital tracts, skin, secondary wound infections and otitis externa in dogs & cats.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Dogs and Cats:
The dose rate of enrofloxacin is 5mg/kg bodyweight.
One 50mg tablet per 10kg
Or one 150mg tablet per 30kg
To be administered once daily or as a divided dose twice daily for 3 to 10 days with or without food.
Dosage = 5 mg/kg BW Daily
|Tablets||Ataxin 50 mg||Ataxin 150 mg|
|5 Kg||1/2 Tablet|
|10 Kg||1 Tablet|
|15 Kg||1 1/2 Tablet|
|20 Kg||2 Tablet|
|30 Kg||1 Tablet|
|45 Kg||1 1/2 Tablets|
|60 Kg||2 Tablets|
CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS ETC:
- The enrofloxacin is contraindicated, known to be hypersensitive to quinolones for dogs & cats.
- Should not exceed the recommended dosage.
- In the cat, when the recommended dose is exceeded, retinotoxic effects may happen.
- Not suitable for the use in dogs less than 1 year of age, except for large breeds of dogs with a longer growth period under 18 months of age.
- The articular cartilage may be affected during the period of rapid growth.
- Less than 8-weeks of cats is not recommended.
- The product should not be used for prophylaxis.
Wash hands after every use.
DRUG INTERACTION: Not be used in combination with cloramphenicol, macrolides or tetracyclines. The floroquinolones may increase the availability of the theophyline, the dose should be regulated when given with enrofloxacin.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION: The safety of enrofloxacin in breeding for female cats has not been established. Use only according to the benefit/risk assessment by the vet responsible.
USE DURING LACTATION: The enrofloxacin passes into the maternal milk, which is not in use for recommending during lactation.
The enrofloxacin may affect articular cartilage which is an adverse drug reaction in dogs & effects them.
OVERDOSAGE: In accidental overdose vomiting, diarrhea and CNS/behavioral changes may happen. no antidote, treatment should be symptomatic.
STORAGE: Store in a cool and dry place.
Keep out of reach of children.